Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sundays Best

Oh Sunday how i la la la love you!
Not only is sunday the perfect day to catch up on sleep from the week and those horrible Saturday nights you may or may not of had... but how fun is it to get up in the morning and get all dolled up in your Sundays best?? I for one adore putting together a fun classy new outfit, putting on a pair of my highest heels, and make my way to church with Hilary Weeks playing in the background.
| polka-dot crop top:Forever 21 | Tulle Skirt: DIY | Shoes: Love D

Well as i was getting ready i thought to myself "hey! i pulled together a pretty cute outfit and have pretty much got this whole messy bun thing down. but something seems off." i looked at myself in the mirror trying to figure out was wrong. Staring at yourself in the mirror for a long time is NOT a good idea. I began to knit pick every little thing about me.
Realizing my eye liner was uneven, i had an annoying blemish, my cheeks are just too chubby, and of course i thought this skirt made me look fat!( how dare i think these things right??) i started to rethink my whole outfit because i just felt simply hideous. My mood went from perky and positive to "why cant i just be a victoria secret model"
Before i could start ripping of another never worn outfit i looked down to my jewlery and saw what was missing, my young women medallion.
A symbol of my worth and of my beauty as a daughter of god. i put on my necklace and it seemed to lay so gracefully on my neck and complimented me.

I'm definitely one of those girls who come down way to hard on myself for not being society's idea of "pretty". Its so easy to tell yourself you're not good enough or thin enough and to try to fix yourself to become the worlds definition of beauty. But guess what!! That's exactly what the world is wanting to make you do.
It wants you to change and blend in with everyone else. It wants you to forget your self worth and your individual beauty and not appreciate who you are.
and i am done feeling this way. I'm accepting myself the way i come and i will never doubt my beauty again because i am so much more than society. I am a daughter of god.

Me and my friend, Emily Baker, always half joke that we are princess but we really are princess and every time I'm feeling down about myself this is what i remember.
I'm a princess so I'm going to treat myself exactly like that. I know for a fact that my heavenly father wouldn't want me to think of myself as anything less than that.

Happy Sunday
XX



No comments:

Post a Comment